Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Desperate times call for desperate measures





So, I'm feeling better. I've had two days to rest and the antibiotics have really kicked in. Hooray! Tonight I went back to the doctor and he said my tonsils are back down to normal size. I got antibiotics for a few more days and also bought this nifty mask. Don't I look beautiful? The Koreans wear these a lot in the winter to combat the cold and pollution. Never thought I'd actually wear one of these things but now that I'm feeling better, I'm determined to stay healthy. Notice, I'm also giving the signature peace sign. In case you didn't know, Koreans pose this way in almost every picture. Also, don't you like Dusty's lovely frog hat? We're really fitting in now. Ha! Honestly, we really do love it here and are enjoying life in Korea more everyday. Tonight I was describing to Dusty how living here feels sort of like playing in a real life SuperMario Bros video game. It's so stimulating. There's stuff everywhere. Lights flashing all around at night. Some cars don't even bother turning on their headlights to drive, it's so bright. Usually when we go anywhere outside of our neighborhood, we hop on the subway. When we come out, it's like entering a new world sort of like you do in SuperMario. There is so much to do and explore and everything is so weird and foreign. And the shopping... amazing! I love it but I'll have to set a budget for myself. Dusty thought that my analogy was funny but agreed with me. Maybe those six pills I'm taking three times a day are making me loopy. I have no idea what they are but I sure feel relaxed and I'm sleeping like a baby at night. Off to bed I go. Goodnight.