Sunday, February 3, 2008

Pohm/Dee-chan by bing khao (Thai for we're going climbing)

Sawadee kop,

Dusty and I will be in the glorious kingdom of Thailand Feb 4th - Feb 16th and are not planning to see or touch a computer until we return to Korea. Therefore, you probably won't be hearing from us unless something crazy happens such as we contact a serious infectious disease; get bit by a poisonous snake, scorpion, or centipede; taken away in a tsunami; or robbed by a crab-eating macaque (monkey). Leave it to me to be dramatic and cause everyone to worry. Just so you all know, the likelihood of any of these things happening is very slim but we did purchase travelers insurance so we've taken necessary precautions.

We got our vacation extended four more days by taking a few days of unpaid vacation. We are both extremely excited! As of now, all we have is our plane tickets and the name of the place we're planning to stay the first night (we arrive at 1:00am in Phuket). So, the rest of our vacation is totally unplanned. We've packed a climbing/travel guidebook, gear, and a few clothes and who knows where the wind will take us. This is the most alive, free, and unburdened I've ever felt in my adult life.

As you can see, I've added a slideshow to our blog and many of you have asked if we can upload more pics. I'll try to do that soon after we get back. I just added several albums to my facebook so if you are my friend you can just check them out there. If you're not my friend, well then you're just going to have to wait. We'll be sure to take plenty of pictures while we're in Thailand and will be sure to post a blog when we return so you all know we made it back safe. We love you all.

Sawedee kaa,
Rebs