Friday, December 12, 2008

Resting

What a beautiful, restful day. Dusty and I are staying in Tulsa at his parents' house. Everyone is at work except us. We have the house all to ourselves. It is cozy and quiet. Our time at home is finally starting to feel like a relaxing vacation. I've accomplished next to nothing today. I'm practicing being still. It's a hard thing for me since I'm so used to being busy. I get restless when I don't have an immediate purpose or goal to work towards. I'm so used to the busyness of life with noise and distractions all around me. But I think it's healthy to slow down, listen, and reflect on my life sometimes. Dusty is outside doing yard work and I'm getting ready to go for a run with Legend. Tonight Dusty is taking me out on a date but is surprising me with the details.

Despite the crappy exchange rate, we still plan to return to Korea. The Korean won is predicted to strengthen again against the American dollar by this spring. We continue to look for teaching jobs. In Korea, the beginning of the school year starts mid February/early March after the Chinese Lunar New Year. We're hoping to have jobs lined up in time to secure our work visas and return to start work around that time. We have turned in several applications. So far, we have one interview lined up for this Sunday evening. The University interviewing us said they usually don't consider foreigners living outside of Korea however, they wanted to make an exception for us due to our "exceptional resumes and references". It would be an amazing job opportunity and is one of our top picks of where we'd like to work. But we're trying not to get too excited yet. There is still a long way to go in this process. We'll keep you updated.

(Posted by Rebs)