Thursday, December 2, 2010

Happy Late Thanksgiving


It's been several months since I last wrote. I believe it was just before my summer camp started. Well, there is good reason for my absence. It somewhat represents my feeling of life for a while. I was the absentminded professor. Basically, I worked 12-13 hour days 6 days a week for 4 weeks, then went straight into school. This semester was extremely busy for me because I was teaching 5 different kinds of classes: Basic English 1, Basic English 1A, Basic English 2, Restaurant English, and Hair Design English. Yes, hair design. Rebs does say that I care too much about my hair, so maybe it fits me. All these classes meant I had much more to prep for. So I've basically just been keeping my head afloat with school for the past 4 months. On the weekends, I abandoned responsibility and headed to one of our many crags. My love for rock climbing made everything else not matter so much. It was the most enjoyment I got out of life, so that's what I did the most.

So there. Now you're caught up on bullet points. Now that school is winding down, I hope to have more time for blogging and keeping up with people better. Last year we didn't celebrate Thanksgiving. So this year, we made up for it with two! Two turkeys, double the casserole, double the belly ache. It was actually lots of fun. There is definitely a different feeling when you do Thanksgiving with friends. But we laughed a lot, and enjoyed our family away from home.

We head to the U.S. in just under 3 weeks! The majority of that time will be spent with family and friends, catching up after not having been in America for 2 years. I imagine that we will have somewhat of a reverse culture shock upon returning. Since we last left, my sister (and about everyone back home we know) had a baby. He is walking and starting to talk and we've never met him. So it will be really exciting to get to know him as well as her other two kids that are growing up fast. Also, my parents bought a piece of land with a cabin on it. They have been renovating it with hopes of having it as a future home someday. Well, that's at least one of the dreams. We are excited to see it and possibly help with some of the renovation.