Monday, November 5, 2007

Catacombs

UPDATE:

Dusty and I went to a meeting yesterday about ways to get involved with North Korean refugees. We are going to start attending a meeting each week on Tuesday evenings at 7pm called catacombs. It's a way for us to make some contacts, learn about what is really going on in North Korea from personal testimonies, and start finding out about ways to develop relationships with the refugees and how we can help the people still living in North Korea. We're very excited about it and will keep you posted on what we learn and how it goes.

We weren't even really looking yet for ways to get involved because we're still getting settled into life in Korea and our jobs at the English Village. Yesterday we went to church with a friend we work with and they happened to be holding a meeting after their service. Dusty and I jumped at the opportunity. The church was a little too charismatic for our taste but the meeting was great. God has really blessed us with the opportunity to start getting involved now. It's amazing how He just plopped it in our lap without us even really seeking it.

I officially have a cold now. I woke up with a sore throat this morning and it has been getting progressively worse throughout the day. I think all the changes have taken it's toll on my system. I'll just drink lots of Korean tea and sleep lots and hopefully be better soon. Today was our first day to teach our own classes. Dusty taught medical (hospital) and I taught theater. It is so easy and lots of fun. I mostly teach theater class this week. However, tomorrow Dusty and I both get to teach a hiking class. I'm also observing fire fighting and digital photo class so I'll be prepared to teach those too. Our schedule is always different everyday and every week so we don't get bored. Today, I think I worked a total of 4 hours. Can't beat that. So far, I really like my job here.

We thank you for all your prayers. God is really working in our lives. He seems so BIG right now. He has blessed us so much with so many opportunities. Our jobs, fellowship with the people we work with, and the the opportunity to get involved with the refugees are all answered prayers. We love you all and miss you. You are never far from our hearts.

If any of you are interested in talking with us, you can download a program on your computer for free called Skype. It's kind of like instant messenger only you can talk like you're talking on the phone. It's also free to talk, which is awesome. We talked to Emily and Adriel the other day and it was just like talking on speaker phone. Pretty awesome. Dusty said it was pretty easy to set up. If any of you get it, send me your username and that way we can give you a buzz sometime.

Later
------- <>< ------- Rebs