Thursday, November 15, 2007

I can't talk, but I can still write

It's official. I've lost my voice completely. I've been fighting this stubborn cold for over a week now. I'm finally starting to feel better but this morning I woke up with no voice. I had to take the day off of work. So much for that bonus we receive for perfect attendance. The good news is that I get to rest and catch up on e-mails (which I'm so behind on). And I'm not sure my e-mail is working because I haven't been receiving many replys lately. I hope it's just that everyone is keeping busy and hasn't had time to write back.

I'm starting to feel more at home here and now that I'm feeling better, I have more energy which is helping me feel better emotionally too. I think I'm on the way up. I really do think I'm going to love it here. Just the transition part with all the adjustments is what's difficult. But I think the hardest part is over. Last night we got to go see the musical, Footloose...the Korean version. It was extremely entertaining. A big group of us went after work. It was a University play and we got in free because one of the girls we work with was a senior in the theater department there last year and she got us all tickets. It was all in Korean but I could still follow mostly what was happening. Watching some of the Korean guys dressed up in jeans, suspenders, and a cowboy hat dancing was absolutely hilarious. But the acting, singing, and dancing was great quality.

Well, I must go eat some Kimchi and rice now.

Bye.