Saturday, July 5, 2008

Oh yeah, 4th of July

I almost forgot. It's hard to keep track of holidays and birthdays over here in Korea. There's not much here to remind us, so those days often seem to roll by without us really remembering. It's still raining. It stopped long enough last night for us and a few of our friends to have an evening pow-wow up on the soccer field here at SEV. A few even went for a dip in the pool, some with swimsuits, some in their birthday suits (this is completely normal behavior for some). Dusty and I opted to stay dry and keep our clothes on. Dusty played soccer and I enjoyed twirling around, dancing and doing some gymnastics on the field with my friend Kat from Australia. She went to a special college focused around circus performance and majored in contortionism and tissue. Thus, she is extremely flexible and can compete with me when it comes to tricks we have up our sleeve. Our friends watched, stunned and in awe, completely unaware of our talents. Then we watched as they tried to copy us. It's refreshing sometimes to feel the freedom to be child-like.

This morning we did a run to Costco and spent way too much money. But it's nice to have some Western comfort food in the house again. We were down to scraps. We took a new couple with us. They just arrived here last night from Portland, OR. They seem really nice and we've already found some things we have in common. Then we came home and Dusty and I took a nap. I'm really hoping that it doesn't rain tomorrow. We're hoping to go climbing outside. My finger tips are dying for some real rock.