Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Baby Steps

There's always something to be done. Whether it's dishes, cleaning, something once a year, or something once a day, it's always something. When can you think when there was a time that you had nothing to do? Okay, maybe when you're driving in a car or on an airplane. But that's only temporary. You probably start thinking about the things you need to do whenever you get to wherever it is you're going. I know whenever I sit down to read a book, my mind starts to wander. I know my busyness level by how many times I have to re-read a paragraph because I've been sidetracked by my own thoughts. Sometimes I even take a notepad or my planner with me to read so I can jot down all the random thoughts that come up. It's my way of channeling my ADD.

So I'm breaking it down to the ol' "Baby Steps" plan. If you're not sure what I'm talking about or are a fan of Bill Murray, click on the title of this post. I'm taking one day at a time and trying to knock off one or two of the important things that will jump from today's "To Do" list to tomorrow's and then the next day's until it gets done. Today, we got a copy of the car key made for Rebs. It's leopard spotted--yeow! And I (hopefully, if all goes well) ordered a couch online. Check, and check.

Just two things to tick off the list. Why do I do this? Because it allows me to ease up on myself and live more in the moment. That's the pitfall, really. If I get too focused on the lists then I forget about right now. I forget to live and enjoy right now. So, a little work can equal a little play. Gotta keep things balanced. And... I got a load of trad climbing gear in the mail so now we can go climbing wherever, without limitations! Ah, the job of doing something I can fully focus on and be wrapped up in and not consider it work in the least. The End.