Thursday, August 27, 2009

Gonna Miss These Faces















For the past six months since we've been in Korea, Dusty and I have been working in the children's program at our university as part of our teaching responsibilities. Today was our last day with them. Next week marks the first of the fall semester which means we switch over to a new schedule with different assigned responsibilities and will no longer be teaching them. Other professors will be taking over our classes. I have to say, I'm really going to miss them. I have spent so many hours teaching these kids and have really gotten attached to them. Each class has become like a little family in which I've gotten to be Momma Bear. I've really grown to love this role. It's been amazing getting to love and care for them for a few hours each week. It's like magic watching them learn and grow. It happens so fast! They are so adorable and really funny. Kids are kids no matter what language they speak or culture they grow up in. My youngest and favorite class started with me in level one phonics. I taught them the English alphabet and now they are reading full sentences. It's been so rewarding to see their progress and watch them slowly become more comfortable with me. My time with them has been precious. I'm so blessed to have had the opportunity to be their teacher.