Friday, October 2, 2009

Happy Chuseok

Good Morning Everyone,

Not much new is going on with us. Just another week down. The weather continues to be amazing. I love Fall. It's Chuseok holiday here which is the equivalent of Thanksgiving in the States which means that we have a 4-day weekend. Hooray! We've decided to spend most of it here at home since traffic everywhere will be terrible and we've been so busy between work and weekend excursions. It's nice to just be at home sometimes. It feels kind of like a Saturday morning even though it's only Friday. We slept in this morning and now Dusty is currently making an attempt at homemade biscuits and gravy. It smells delicious. I'm listening to Colbie Caillat's new album "Breakthrough". It's awesome, mellow, happy music. We have nothing planned for the day. It's beautiful outside. Perhaps we'll head to the beach for a few hours.

My birthday week was wonderful. I spent it doing what I love with the people I love most in Korea. We headed up to the mountains for what else? camping and climbing of course. It was a blast. I can't believe I'm 30 but I've decided I'm ready to embrace this next decade and look forward to all it has to offer. I'm happy to say goodbye to my 20's. They were good but somewhat of a tumultuous time for me. I think it might be that way for most of us. For a large part of them I felt kind of lost and without a purpose. As much as I enjoyed them, I'm ready to say goodbye to all the changes and utter confusion. I spent about 10 years figuring out my purpose and direction. I've been really intentional about deciding who I want to be which apparently takes awhile. I think I've got myself mostly straightened out now and am totally content where I'm at in my life. I love waking up each morning ready to find out what the day has to offer. I can feel something changing within me slowly. I feel like I'm on the verge of the next stage of life and God is preparing my heart for what's still to come. I'm growing up, becoming more grounded, and am starting to think more outside of myself. I'm hoping the next stage is becoming a mother in a few years. I'm sure that's what I want now and I'm not as scared of that as I used to be. I actually get excited at the thought of raising a few little ones.

Happy Chuseok