Saturday, January 12, 2008

Oh, Happy Day!

This will be random but sometimes I'm just a weird random girl.

1. I think I'm addicted to the cheese balls that Dusty bought at Costco yesterday. I like to walk around the apartment carrying the huge plastic container with me. Dusty just laughs. I think my mouth is getting a little raw from the cheese so I might have to take a break from eating them for a few days. It's okay though, I could stand to gain a little weight. My pants are getting too big for me and I don't want to buy new pants. I like my pants.

2. I've decided to stop shaving my legs until we go to Thailand for several reasons... (1) I have very thin, blonde, soft, leg hair (2) Dusty doesn't care if I shave or not (3) I'm curious to see how long my leg hair gets (4) I'm wondering if it will help keep my legs warmer (5) I wear pants all the time and nobody sees my hairy legs anyway. That's a lot of reasons.

3. Just one of the many reasons my husband is amazing... He made me french toast, maple bacon, and fresh strawberries for breakfast. They were the sweetest strawberries I've ever eaten. I'm wondering where those delicious strawberries came from since it's winter here in Korea.

4. I got to sleep in until 11am today. Ahh, I love being all snuggly under the warm covers.

5. Highlight of my day: I got to talk to my dad over skype for the first time since I've been here. He could see me but he's gonna have to figure out his webcam because I couldn't see him. That's okay, I know what he looks like. We talked for 1.5 hours. It was so nice to hear his voice. I love my dad.

6. I got my hair cut on Tuesday and although I just asked for a trim and a few layers I think my hairstyle is a little Koreanized now. They gave me many, many layers. All my Korean girlfriends tell me it looks more sophisticated.

7. We get the next two days off to rest and play.

8. Tonight the second ten day winter camp ends with a graduation ceremony. It will conclude with a very entertaining dance party followed by hundreds of Korean kids asking for my autograph and crying because they have to say goodbye to all their new friends. It's kinda sad and funny at the same time.

9. Tomorrow, Dusty gets to share his testimony with the congregation at our church. After hearing his testimony our pastor asked Dusty if he would speak to everyone because he thought it would be a great introduction to his sermon. Dusty was a little shocked because he's always thought his testimony is somewhat uneventful. I'm excited to hear him speak and so proud of the man of God that he is. Also, in a month or so, Dusty and I are starting a young adults group at our church. We're really looking forward to the leadership opportunity.

10. Yesterday in my newspaper class, I had four kids fall asleep. They're so exhausted after 10 days of camp. They have structured class and activities from 9am-9pm everyday. No wonder. Anyhoo, two of the boys (teenagers) fell asleep with their arms around each other. It's refreshing to witness a culture so affectionate with each other. Even the men and boys. It's not uncommon to see them walking together holding hands or linking arms. No, they're not gay. It's just their culture. My Korean friends are the same way with me. They love to hug me and walk with me arm and arm. I like how expressive they are.

That is all. Oh, happy day!