Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Moment of History

There's something about history that fascinates me. If you've known me for very long, you know that I'm somewhat partial to the 1960's movement and the hippie scene. I just watched a movie called "Gonzo" about the life and work of Hunter S. Thompson. Have you ever just read or watched something and it just hits you, like the way it is explained represents you in some way, but much better than you could ever explain it yourself. That kind of how I feel about this movie, except that I'm more of an admirer than an mimicker or doer.He was in the time and place in this world that fascinates me the most, living a life that in another life I could have lived and enjoyed--that of a writer and/or a star. He was in every way fascinating. So if you get the time, you might enjoy it too (It is rated R though, so not for the faint at heart).